Sunday 7 April 2013

Friday Night With Friends and April’s Birthday-Love Stash prize you could win

A while back, late last year I think,  I managed to get my hands on these gorgeous little ‘vintage’ Crabapple Hill stitcheries at our local charity store.  I say ‘vintage’ because I’ve checked their website and their facebook page, and they are ne’er to be seen!!!!   Still, …..a bargain they were, although I don’t think I have them all for the whole kit, but never mind.  I have been working on them for the last couple of weeks when I have a spare minute or three. 

Here are ‘two I’d prepared earlier’……

009 (Medium)010 (Medium)

and I had finished the stitchery on the third one, so on our Friday Night with Friends get-together, I managed to stitch the fourth one and add the borders to both.

002 (Medium)004 (Medium)

They’re quite sweet little stitcheries, just 3 1/4 inches x 4 1/4 inches, but with enough detail and variety for them not to be too easy or boring.

005 (Medium)

I’ve still got these three left to do, and as they’re from my UFO stash, my pile is dwindling…..well…….my KARTS (ie Kitted And Ready To Start) stash is, anyway!

012 (Medium)

I’ve even got them ready, traced out and edges pinked so they don’t fray!  I love my pinking blade I bought for my rotary cutter from Fee.

014 (Medium)

So it shouldn’t be long till you see this one finished and made into ‘something’!!!!  Any ideas???   A wall hanging, I think?!

daisy divider

I’m also trying to get myself just a LITTLE more organised….so I’ve chosen the prize for this month’s Birthday Love Stash winner, which will be drawn at the end of the month, so there’s a little more incentive to get something made for those upcoming birthdays!!!

This is a charm pack of Moda “Quilt Blocks” by Ellen Luckett-Baker… and I must tell you, if you haven’t seen it, there are some really lovely prints in there!!!!

015 (Medium)

Soooooo……..it’s only early days yet…..if you don’t know about my ‘Birthday-Love Stash’ competition that is held each month, you can read up about it HERE, and then, don’t forget to go and sign up with Mr Linky on THIS POST.  Then all you need to do is work out who has an upcoming birthday that you can make a gift for and start sewing!!!!  You’ll need to post about it too, saying that it’s for the Birthday-Love Stash and then all you’ll need to do is keep your fingers crossed!!!!!

Now, I’m off to go and visit some other Friday Night Friends of mine….I’m running a bit late, but what’s so unusual about that???

Sugary hugs xox :O)

Signature

 

 

24 comments:

Susan said...

I love those little stitcheries - why not put a post up on SIF - someone's bound to have them...if you want more that is!

Quilt Kitty said...

Great find, those stitcheries are gorgeous! xx

Larissa said...

What lovely stitcheries - I can see why you couldn't leave them at the LCS!! They are absolutely adorable!! Looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish them off!! If the fabrics you've used so far area anything to go by, they'll be gorgeous!!! xx

tales from a handmade home said...

Hello there Wendy,

I just love your little seed stitcheries, and your stitching is beautiful..........I shall keep a lookout for some, I'd really like to stitch some of these.
kim

Wendy said...

Your little stitcheries are so cute. I can't wait to see how you put them together. I think they would make a great summer wall hanging.

Sandi said...

They are beautiful, wouldnt mind tracking down these stitcheries myself, so if you every find out any more about them then I would love to know....

Rosie said...

Lovely stitchery, they are so cute! Can't wait to see what the completed project looks like.

Susan said...

Very pretty stitcheries. I didn't even know you could get a pinking blade!

Fiona said...

Great find ... those stitcheries are adorable....
Hugz

Vicki said...

What gorgeous stitcheries, how lucky are you to have found them. Vicki

Mistea said...

Like all crabapple hill designs these are very sweet. Yours are looking beautiful and will make a really pretty something when you put them all together.
Lucky find.

Marilyn said...

They are such cute happy little stitcheries. They would be such fun to stitch.

Maria said...

Those little stitcheries are gorgeous, Wendy. What treasures to find in your local op shop :-)

Fee said...

They are just lovely Wendy xxx Yes I love my pinking blade too :) Fee x

Katherine said...

Beautiful stitcheries. I remember seeing them somewhere else about 2-3 years ago. Not sure where unless it was in one of Mums many craft magazines she used to get lol.

Michelle said...

Those stitcheries are just lovely! I use pinking shears, I really need to get the blade.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

The seed stitcheries are beautiful! They will turn to a lovely wall hanging, I think too!

Anthea said...

What a great find Wendy, and you have stitched them beautifully... I must get my thinking cap on for B-L-Stash this month... x

Sue2sew said...

Love these stitcheries Wendy. What a lovely idea to stich them into a wallhanging. That would be great! Sue

Quiltingranny said...

Simply adorable Wendy!

Sisbabestitches said...

Such sweet stitcheries. No ideas for you though, I am afraid :) Look at you being all organised :) I am in this month for some Birthday Love, yay!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stitcherys.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wendy this is gorgeous....xxx

Sew Useful Designs said...

LOVE your stitcheries sweetie! Loves ya! Vikki xxxxxxxx